I am Xiangtai Li (李祥泰) and I work as a Research Fellow at MMLab@NTU, S-Lab advised by Prof.Chen Change Loy.
I obtained my PhD degree at Peking University under the supervision of Prof.Yunhai Tong, and my bachelor’s degree at Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications.
My research work focuses on several directions, including pixel-wise scene understanding for video/image scene understanding (such as semantic/instance/panoptic segmentation and object detection), zero/few shot variants, general deep learning methods with applications (such as vision transformer, efficient model design, and neural collapse), and vision meets language (including open vocabulary learning, visual prompting, and visual grounding).
Besides, I am also very interested at aerial image analysis since I am a fun of history and military games.
During my PhD, I conducted research on image/video semantic/instance/panoptic segmentation, as well as several related problems.
- 2023.03: Checkout our new survey on transformer-based segmentation and detection.
- 2023.03：Please checkout our new work, Tube-Link, the first universal video segmentation framework that outperforms specific video segmentation methods (VIS,VSS,VPS).
- 2023.03：One paper on Panoptic Video Scene Graph Generation (PVSG) is accepted by CVPR-2023.
- 2022.11：Two paper on Video Scene Understanding is accepted by T-PAMI.
- 2022.09：One paper on Neural Collapse is accepted by NeurIPS-2022.
- 2022.08： 🎉🎉 Join the MMLab@NTU S-Lab! Our four works (Video K-Net, PanopticPartFormer, FashionFormer, and PolyphonicFormer in CVPR-22/ECCV-22) code are all released. Check out my github homepage.
- 2022.07： 🎉🎉 Our SFNet-Lite (extension of SFNet-ECCV20) achieve the best mIoU and speed trade-off. on multiple driving datasets. SFNet-Lite can obtain 80.1 mIoU while running at 50 FPS, 78.8 mIoU while running at 120 FPS. Code.
- 2022.07: 🎉🎉 Three papers are accepted by ECCV-2022. One paper is accepted by ICIP-2022.
- 2022.07: 🎉🎉 Graduated From PKU.
- 2022.03: 🎉🎉 Video K-Net is accepted by CVPR-2022 as oral presentation.
📝 Selected Publications
Full Publications Per Year can be found in Here.
* means equal contribution.
Code can be found in this.
- Transformer-Based Visual Segmentation: A Survey, Xiangtai Li, Henghui Ding, Wenwei Zhang, Haobo Yuan, Jiangmiao Pang, Guangliang Cheng, Kai Chen, Ziwei Liu, Chen Change Loy arxiv The first comprehensive survey on transformer-based segmentation model. | Project
- Tube-Link: A Flexible Cross Tube Baseline for Universal Video Segmentation, Xiangtai Li, Haobo Yuan, Wenwei Zhang, Guangliang Cheng, Jiangmiao Pang, Chen Change Loy, arxiv The first unified SOTA universal video segmentation model. | Project
- Towards Robust Referring Image Segmentation, Jianzong Wu, Xiangtai Li, Xia Li, Henghui Ding, Yunhai Tong, Dacheng Tao, arxiv The first benchmark for Robust Referring Image Segmentation | Project
- SFNet: Faster, Accurate, and Domain Agnostic Semantic Segmentation via Semantic Flow , Xiangtai Li, Jiangning Zhang, Yibo Yang, Guangliang Cheng, Yunhai Tong, Kuiyuan Yang, Dacheng Tao, arxiv | Code
- Panoptic-PartFormer: Learning a Unified Model for Panoptic Part Segmentation, Xiangtai Li, Shilin Xu, Yibo Yang, Guangliang Cheng, Yunhai Tong, Dacheng Tao, ECCV 2022 The first unified part-aware panoptic segmentation model | Code
- Fashionformer: A Simple, Effective and Unified Baseline for Human Fashion Segmentation and Recognition, Shilin Xu*, Xiangtai Li*, Jingbo Wang, Guangliang Cheng, Yunhai Tong, Dacheng Tao, ECCV 2022 | Code
- PolyphonicFormer: Unified Query Learning for Depth-aware Video Panoptic Segmentation, Haobo Yuan*, Xiangtai Li*, Yibo Yang, Guangliang Cheng, Jing Zhang, Yunhai Tong, Lefei Zhang, Dacheng Tao, ECCV 2022 Winner of ICCV-2021 BMTT workshop, The first unified depth aware video panoptic segmentation model | Code
- Video K-Net: A Simple, Strong, and Unified Baseline for Video Segmentation, Xiangtai Li*, Wenwei Zhang*, Jiangmiao Pang*, Kai Chen, Guangliang Cheng, Yunhai Tong, Chen Change Loy, CVPR 2022 (Oral, top2%) The first unified video segmentation model and codebase for VPS, VIS, VSS | Code
- Semantic Flow for Fast and Accurate Scene Parsing, Xiangtai Li, Ansheng You, Zhen Zhu, Houlong Zhao, Maoke Yang, Kuiyuan Yang, Yunhai Tong, ECCV 2020 (Oral, top2%) The first real-time model over 80\% mIoU on Cityscapes test set. | Code
- GFF: Gated Fully Fusion for Semantic Segmentation, Xiangtai Li, Houlong Zhao, Lei Han, Yunhai Tong, Kuiyuan Yang, AAAI 2020 (Oral) | Code
- TransVOD: End-to-end Video Object Detection with Spatial-Temporal Transformers , Qianyu Zhou*, Xiangtai Li* , Lu He, Yibo Yang, Guangliang Cheng, Yunhai Tong, Lizhuang Ma, Dacheng Tao, T-PAMI-2022 End-to-End Vision Transformer for Video Object Detection | Code
- Improving Video Instance Segmentation via Temporal Pyramid Routing, Xiangtai Li, Hao He, Yibo Yang, Henghui Ding, Kuiyuan Yang, Guangliang Cheng, Yunhai Tong, Dacheng Tao T-PAMI-2022 The first dynamic network for video scene understanding | Code
🎖 Honors and Awards
- National Scholarship, Ministry of Education of China in PKU (year 2020-2021) (year 2019-2020)
- President Scholarship of PKU (year 2020-2021)
- 2017, 2022 Beijing Excellent Graduates
- 2017, 2022 BUPT/PKU Excellent Graduates
- 2021.11 Winner of Segmenting and Tracking Every Point and Pixel: 6th Workshop on ICCV-2021 Track2 (Project Leader and First Author)
- 2017.09 - 2022.06, PhD in Peking University (PKU)
- 2013.09 - 2017.06, Bachelor in Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications (BUPT)
💬 Invited Talks
- 2022.05 Invited talk on Panoptic Segmentation and Beyond in Baidu PaddleSeg Group
- 2021.12 Invited talk on Video Segmentation in DiDi Auto-Driving Group
- 2021.10 Invited talk on Aligned Segmentation HuaWei Noah Auto-Driving Group
💻 Internships and Professional activities
- SenseTime, mentored by Dr.Guangliang Cheng and Dr.Jianping Shi.
- JD AI (remote cooperation), mentored by Dr.Yibo Yang and Prof.Dacheng Tao.
- DeepMotion (Now Xiaomi Car), mentored by Dr.Kuiyuan Yang.
- Regular Conference Reviewer for CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, ICLR, AAAI, NeurIPS, ICML, IJCAI and Journal Reviewer For IEEE-TIP, IEEE-TPAMI, IJCV.
- I am luckily mentored by Dr.Kuiyuan Yang, Prof.Li Zhang, Dr.Guangliang Cheng, Dr.Yibo Yang, Prof.Dacheng Tao, Prof.Zhouchen Lin, Mr.Xia li, Dr.Jiangmiao Pang during the PhD study.